The days when 3D printing seemed like something that came straight out of Star Trek are over. Nowadays, you can find even little kids creating whatever 3D object their little hearts desire with tools like a 3D Pen!
With the rapid evolution of the 3D printing technology, it has become much more accessible and widespread. There are many different options and price ranges for those interested in owning a unit.
Everyone in all age brackets, from the elderly to children, and all sorts of different professions, from artists to engineers, are sure to have, even just a passing, interest in 3D printing. After all, who wouldn’t find at least even a little bit of novelty in being able to design and create a 3D object on what a 3D printer can provide?
Well, caricaturists could very well also have fun creating their art on a different platform! With how fast the world seems to spit out technological innovation, you would think 3D printing would have peaked and begun fading. However, that doesn’t seem to be the case at all!
With 3D printing, it seems that there are no limits with how it proceeds. Indeed, the technology has been readily picked up by everyone, from hobbyists to small business owners. Aside, of course, from the evolution of the technology which allows home users to print in comfort.
Why Are Some People into 3D Printing?
There are many other reasons why 3D printing has become so commonplace and yet still retains quite popular.
- Price Drop
First, the cost of 3D printers has drastically plummeted. Depending on your needs and the model you choose, you could easily 3D print at home without breaking the bank at all.
They come at a wide variety of price ranges that you could purchase one guilt-free, and give it your child without the anxiety of them accidentally throwing it at a wall and be putting you out of an obscene amount of money.
- Ease of Use
The technology has improved so much that even home 3D printing units have improved accuracy and quality, and are very easy to use.
Thanks to free software programs and the endless connections provided by the Internet, even without much artistic talent, anyone can make a great piece of art at home using one of these units.
The innovation seems only limited by the creativity of the users, and with the widespread use of social media and the amount of information exchanged on it by creators who share their creations, it seems there is no stopping it.
A 3D printing pen is a wonderful tool for people, not just those interested in it passingly, but those who also have businesses and those who create their wares with these pens.
What model you get depends on your need. And because there are so many of these on the market, this article aims to introduce you to what can be referred to as an introductory model, the DigiHero 3D Pen, to see whether or not 3D printing is for you.
DigiHero 3D Pen Features
The DigiHero 3D pen is a great tool for beginners interested in getting started on a new hobby or simply testing out 3D printing for themselves.
- The DigiHero is compatible with both PLA and ABS filaments, meaning you have a wider choice in sourcing refills.
- This particular unit comes with 1.75mm PLA filament, in a pack of 12 different colors with each of them 10 feet in length ensuring you don’t run out of your favorite color too soon.
- The PLA filament the DigiHero 3D Pen comes with is much more environmentally friendly than its ABS counterpart. It is corn-based plastic and also considered much safer.
- The DigiHero 3D pen comes with three adjustable temperature modes and speed modes that you can easily adjust to your needs.
- Comes with an advanced LCD screen that displays the different speed and temperature modes: low speed(5-1), medium speed(5-2), high speed(5-3), which you can adjust depending on your needs or printing proficiency.
- You can take your DigiHero pen with you outdoors. It has a USB port power supply, that can be charged via an outlet, a power bank, or laptop. You just have to ensure that the current is 5V/2A.
- Is lightweight at 15.5 ounces, making it easy for children to use.
- Perfect for kids and the kids at heart! The DigiHero 3D Pen is safe, easy, and convenient to use.
- The melting of the PLA filament is non-toxic and odorless.
- Works very smoothly, without much fuss and you don’t need to go through an entire instruction manual to pick up how to use it; very intuitive.
- Easy to set up, you can get to using it straight out of the box.
- Can be prone to clogging
- Is not a sturdy unit, and the nozzle is especially sensitive.
The DigiHero 3D Pen is a great basic unit with all the functionality you would need in a 3D Pen. It’s easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to put away.
Due to the accessibility of the 3D printing technology nowadays, there are many similar units to the DigiHero 3D Pen in the same price bracket.
What sets it apart from other similar units such as the MYNT3D Professional Printing 3D Pen despite also being able to change the speed, the DigiHero pen provides you with more control by having three distinct speed and temperature settings you can easily monitor on the LCD.
It is, however, a basic unit and does not come with the accessories or add-ons other people may want or need such as the TwiceForPrice 3D Printing Pen Kit for Kids that comes with several other parts curated for kids and their enjoyment.
The DigiHero 3D Pen is the perfect unit for someone unsure about whether they want to get into 3D printing more seriously and want to test it out before committing, or for those more interested in creating the occasional funny 3D caricature.
It’s also a great gift for children with its ease of use, so if you have any creative kids in your life, then you could easily make their day with one of these!