Technology has indeed made the lives of many professionals much easier. For artists and even architects, the invention of drawing tablets is a welcome development as drawing is now more fun and convenient. Luckily, there are plenty of these tablets on the market, but the number of choices can be a bit overwhelming. As such, this article would help to trim down one’s options with the review of the three best drawing tablets available nowadays.
Turcom TS-6610 Graphic Tablet
The Turcom TS-6610 is one of the drawing tablets on the market that allow artists to use their imagination and creativity freely. The drawing area measures ten by 6.25 inches, which makes it perfect for those who like illustrating with bigger canvass or drawing boards.
The drawing tablet comes with a digital pen that has 2048 levels of pen pressure sensitivity, replicating drawing activities with the use of a real pen or brush. Variations in illustrations are easily achieved by changing the pressure of the pen on the tablet. The pen runs on one AAA battery.
The digital drawing tablet is built with eight express buttons as well as 16 functional keys that can be customized to allow users to use the common commands and functions easily.
It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems as well as other programs like CorelDraw, Corel Painter, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, ComicStudio, Macromedia Flash, Infinite Stratos, Autodesk, Maya, 3D Max, ZBrushand, Pixologic, and Sketchbook.
This product has a resolution of 4000 Lines Per Inch or LPI and a report rate of 220 Revolution per Second or RPS. It has interface support of USB 1.1. The package comes with pen stand containing four nips and one remover as well as a user manual.
- 2048 levels of pen pressure sensitivity to stimulate real drawing with pen and brush conditions
- Compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Compatible with a good number of drawing programs
- Large drawing area of 10 by 6.25 inches
- User manual is unhelpful on how to install software given its vague instructions
- No drivers for the tablet as the one recommended is a different brand of tablet
- Outdated interface support of 1.1 USB
- No touch capability
- Incompatible with other applications like AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Autodesk
Huion 4 x 2.23 Inches OSU Tablet Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet
This tablet for graphics is marketed as an alternative to a mouse for playing the popular game, OSU!. It can also be used for some casual drawing, editing, inking, and document signing given an active area of four by 2.23 inch. This product can comfortably fit inside a laptop pocket case or briefcase for portability purposes.
This tablet form Huion has a pen pressure of 2048 to stimulate real life drawing, brushing or signing. The digital pen has two buttons for customization and runs on a single AAA battery. It also has a resolution rate of 4000 LPI and Report Rate of 200 RPS.
Users of Windows 7, 8, 10 or Mac 10.8.0 and above can use this product. The tablet is also compatible with Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF Reader for signing and marking of documents.
- Small size with an active area of 4 by 2.23 inches makes it easily portable
- Pen Pressure of 2048 for replication of real life drawing or signing
- Compatible with Windows or Mac operating systems
- Great substitute for the mouse in playing OSU!
- Tip of pen easily breaks
- Size is too small for intricate or detailed drawing
- Tablet glitches like minor jumping of screen cursor or hanging if too much pressure is applied to the tip of pen against tablet screen
Parblo A610 10″ x 6″ Graphic Drawing Pen Tablet
This graphic drawing tablet of Parblo promises to unleash one’s creativity and imagination. The tablet has an active size of 10 by six inches making it easy for artists and budding ones to draw even intricate illustrations. The tablet has a 3-button mouse command as well as eight shortcut keys designed for the convenience of the users. It comes in a sleek and stylish design that is pleasing to the eyes.
Its digital stylus has an ergonomic design to replicate the feel of drawing with a real pencil. It has a 2048 level pressure, too, which makes the product easy to use for painting, handwriting, sketching, signing, marking as well as other uses.
The tablet has a 5080 LPI resolution as well as 230 RPS to make one feel like he or she is drawing on a thin paper. It is also compatible with either MAC or Windows operating system.
The package comes with wool felt liner bag that’s both soft and light and has a pocket for other small items like mobile phone, notebook or cards.
- Compatible with either MAC or Windows Operating System
- 5080 LPI Resolution and 230 RPS, which are higher than many drawing tablets
- Area size of 10 by six inches makes drawing much easier
- 2048 level pressure to stimulate real life drawing conditions
- Difficulties in using with Windows 10 operating system
Winner of The Best Drawing Tablet
The three drawing tablets reviewed above are all entry-level gadgets. So, which of them can be considered as the best drawing tablet?
All three are compatible with either MAC or Windows operating systems. Plus, the above gadgets also have the same pen pressure of 2048, which helps in stimulating real life drawing with a pen or brush. However, the one for Parblo is slightly better given its higher resolution of 5080 LPI as the two others only boast of 4000 LPI. Parblo’s drawing tablet also has higher RPS at 230 than the two others.
If one is particular about drawing with ease, then one must choose either the Turcom or Parblo as they have almost the same drawing area size. Turcom’s is slightly larger with its dimension of 10 by 6.25 inches compared to Parblo with its ten by 6 inches. Huon’s tablet with its dimension of 4 by 2.23 inches may be too small for long hours of drawing and intricate illustrations.
For those who want to use the drawing pen for more detailed drawing or markings, then the Parblo Graphic Drawing Tablet would be the best choice among the three.